Why choose Anthem?
We’ve been helping families with their healthcare needs for more than 80 years. And as part of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield family, you’ll have access to some of the best doctors and hospitals in the area.
Benefits with Anthem
Anthem covers your standard Medicaid benefits like doctor visits and hospital stays, dental and vision care, and prescriptions. Anthem members also enjoy extra benefits to help with everyday life.
- Enhanced adult dental — one additional cleaning and X-ray
- Transportation services — rides to appointments, $100 Uber gift card, $100 gas card, or up to $300 in car repairs
- $100 allowance to purchase over-the-counter supplies
- Home-delivered meals to eligible members after discharge
- Virtual care options, including telehealth and 24/7 NurseLine
- Baby essentials bundle — choice of two: Boppy pillow, highchair, booster seat, portable crib, car seat, and more
- Up to $75 worth of diapers shipped directly to your home
- Up to $30 in organic baby food coupons
- Up to 24 hours of one-on-one, virtual tutoring services for kids and teens
- Free laptop computer for recent high school or college grads
- Employment certification assistance — Anthem will cover the cost of certain industry certifications
- Substance use disorder recovery support
Note: Some benefits have eligibility requirements.
How to enroll with Anthem
Don’t miss your chance to choose the plan you want!
Do you need health insurance?
Apply for Ohio Medicaid benefits
Enrollment in Medicaid is year-round. See if you're eligible and apply online through the Ohio benefits website.
Once you’re approved, you’ll get a letter in the mail asking you to pick a health plan. You can choose Anthem through the Ohio Consumer Hotline portal.
The following individuals may qualify for Ohio Medicaid:
Individuals with low-income
Pregnant women, infants and children
Individuals with disabilities